A Love Letter to LA
A love story that features Ryan Gosling's magical musical fingers with sunsets on repeat and yeah, we're into it. So, this is the first-ever movie review (if you want to call it that) we've done, so bear with us as we use this safe place for our thoughts. If you haven't seen it and plan to, don't read this post!!
🚨 SPOILER ALERT 🚨 SPOILER ALERT 🚨 SPOILER ALERT 🚨
1. THE HOLLYWOOD SCENE | 😂 Hollywood Hills mansion complete with the executive shmoozer talking about his current "project" as well as the token blonde bombshells casually hanging out in their 'kini and heels. Raise your hand if you agree that this Hollywood party scene was spot on.
2. DON'T BREAK CHARACTER | 😳 You're one in a million, you're once in a lifetime (que Miss Congeniality soundtrack). Keep telling yourself that with the 100 other red-heads in white button downs at the same audition. But for real, positive vibes keep the dream alive, right? We believe so. Well, that + A LOT of hard work and grit.
3. HERE'S TO THE DREAM | 😓 / 😎 The day-jobs got us thinking about that $$$ big time. Funding 'the dream' or perhaps just 'the adult life' is something twenty-somethings face more today than ever with the growing bills and looming student loans. It's okay, guys -- we got this!
4. LA CRUISING | 😑 Typical nightmarish LA traffic jams + tow-trucks & tickets + the ever-expanding Prius family of LA = an all too real depiction of the LA car life. Let's just say that the Los Angeles rite of passage is in the form of a piece of paper with your car's digits on it.
🚨 EXTRA SPOILER ALERT 🚨
One Last thought..
5. WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN | 😭 We know we were not the only ones that shed tears during this flashback of what could have been between Mia & Sebastian. Their love was fire. This was a moment of relateability (to a degree) and heartbreak. True Love vs. The Dream..... BUT CAN'T YOU HAVE BOTH?!